Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hypocrisy

This is not a post about me complaining. This comes to you all more in the way of a confession. Remember a few posts back when I was making fun of the people that got all dressed up to go see Prince Caspian? Yeah, well I went dressed up to a movie this summer. Turns out, if you catch me in the right mood, and have a group of people that will do likewise, I'll dress in something most people would find really embarrasing and go out in public. (People in my ward can attest to that. March of the Penguins ring a bell for anyone?)

As part of the Facebook Group, Summer Blockbuster Midnight Movie Madness (or something to that effect) I went to see Dark Knight on opening night up in South Jordan with a group of people. And we dressed as superheroes. We had Catwoman, Robin, Batgirl, and Super Karen. Yeah, I just made up my own superhero. Heaven forbid I conform, even in the superhero realm. In case you are wondering, yes I did make the costume myself. Anyone that wants to make their own spandex catsuit can find pretty good instructions here. Good times.
In case any of you have wondered, this is why my Blog is called Super Karen. I guess it's one of my alter egos. I've made a few other versions of this costume (and won two different halloween costumes with them) so this costume is version 3.0. And the best one, I think. I didn't have time to work up a logo or whatnot to sew on my chest, but I'm really not sure that I'll be wearing this in public any time soon, so I may not even worry about it.
Well there it is. My hypocrisy. For all the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment