Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tu-Tu Cute

I am way behind on my blog posts, but am just going to post old stories whenever I get around to it. Hopefully I'll get caught up and things will be in chronological order and recent, but for now just enjoy the stories as they roll out!

My roomate Michèle rented a tutu to run in the Nutcracker 5K this past winter. (The link is pretty outdated, but it'll give you a pretty good idea what it is all about) She mentioned how relatively crappy the tutu was and mentioned how easy it would be to make one. A better one. That gave me an idea. I googled how to make a tutu and was a little surprised at how easy it was to make them. I went to wally-world and bought a whole bunch of sparkly tulle and cut it into strips and looped it onto an elastic waistband.
I made a Barbie pink one for Michèle, a hot-pink and purple one for Katherine, and ones for my nieces: purple for Cindy, pink for Sarah, yellow for Anna, and a little green one for baby Kate. Jared got spiderman pajamas and a cape.
I was pretty sure Ben wouldn't have appreciated me making his son a tutu. Even if it was going to be blue. Everyone was so cute! Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I am tu tu cute... But the baby is pretty adorable as well. I think for the big slumber party the tutu needs to be resurrected.

    ReplyDelete