Friday, April 17, 2009

A random childhood memory

I have no idea why, but I had a random memory pop into my head and I thought I'd share.

Connie had a science fair project back when we lived in Las Cruces where she was testing the effect of subliminal messages. She did it by recording her own voice suggesting a particular number between 1 and 10 underneath a popular song of the day. These voice recordings were inaudible under the song. She then had multiple people listen to the song and tell which number the song made them think of. The song was "Toy Soldiers" by Martika. Connie needed a larger sample set so she had to have me listen as well. I listened for a while and then guessed "4". You see, the song had the lyric "we all fall down" and to me, the number most likely to fall down is the number 4. It only has one leg and top heavy on one side. I didn't guess the right number and Connie got mad at me. I screwed up her science fair project and she didn't like it one bit!

Funny, huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment