Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May the 4th Be With You

  I am a long-time fan of Star Wars. I remember watching those old VHS tapes over and over. I remember skipping drumline a few times in high school to go wait in line for the new Star Wars movies. So I was very excited to be able to have a party to celebrate international Star Wars Day!
We had pizza, Darth Vader cupcakes, Star Wars fruit snacks, and even Bantha Milk! We watched the one that started it all: Episode IV A New Hope. It was fun, and for once I was somewhere where there were three guys for every girl. I've got to have more nerd parties!

I know some of you are wondering how I made those cute little chocolate Vaders, so I'll show you!

First, melt some white and dark chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds, and stopping as soon as the chocolate is melted. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil, or waxed paper.     
Spoon the chocolate into piping bags and cut off the very tip so you have a small hole to squeeze the chocolate out. Make little bell (helmet) shapes with the dark chocolate on the parchment with the melted chocolate.
Use the melted white chocolate to draw the face details on the little helmets.
You can make storm troopers by making white helmets and doing the details in dark chocolate. Make little lightsabers by cutting some twizzlers pull-aparts and dipping the ends in the melted chocolate.
You can pop the finished decorations into the freezer for a few minutes so they set up quick. Or you can let them set up at room temperature overnight.
Pop your little decorations on some chocolate frosted chocolate cupcakes (come to the dark side). Give the Vader cupcakes little lightsabers (Storm troopers don't get lightsabers)
See how cute they are!? Now you can impress all of your nerd friends! I know I impressed all of mine!
Here's a bonus shot of me in my Princess Leia buns! (And my arm in my post-surgery sling)
  May the 4th be with you always!

1 comment:

  1. It was a great party and I thought the Darth Vader cupcakes were AMAZING! And I see you used my picture on top. AWESOME!!!!!
    I can't believe you still had this party after having surgery. Your hard core and amazing. May the 4th be with YOU!

    ReplyDelete