Monday, July 11, 2011

Only When I'm With Amy

So I'm not a girly girl. Most of you know this about me. I'm not little and cutesy, and that's ok. The aim of this post isn't to elicit sympathy or compliments or anything like that. I just need to establish a baseline for this post.

No matter where I am, I've usually had a friend or two who are little, or cute, or universally pretty. they are the ones that get noticed by the men-folk. Sometimes this results in them being asked out by a new guy every single week, sometimes it has allowed them to bat their eyes and get out of speeding tickets when they get pulled over, and sometimes this results in them getting stuff for free. I am not one of these people. Usually.

Once every blue moon or three, though...

There was this one time I was out with Amy for her birthday dinner. We went to The Trolley in Springville. I was on one that night, and giving the waiter a hard time the whole night. Well, at the end of the night, he asked if we wanted Amy's free birthday treat. We asked if we could have a piece of their famous carrot cake, because Amy and I had talked about how delicious it looked. He hesitated, saying that they normally only gave ice cream or something small, but then looked at me and said OK. This is the only time (that I can remember) flirting my way into something free. And, yes, the cake was delicious.

Fast forward to June of 2011. I went to Utah with the EVMCO (more about that later) and take some time to   visit my go to my favorite Italian deli in Salt Lake City. Once again, I was on one, but due to lack of sleep this time. I was joking around with the dude behind the counter as I was ordering. He was kinda cute, but I was skipping town the next day (yes, I did bring this up in conversation) and so chose to be more excited about the sandwich I was getting.

Amy and I sit down and enjoy the food and the conversation. When we were done, we went up to the counter to get something for our leftovers, and the guy (Doug) gets all smiley and asks me if I'm on Facebook. I say yes, so he hands me his card and says that I should look him up if I ever make it back up to Utah.

This is his card...


I thank him, and manage to make it all the way outside before Amy and I start into the giggling. It took me by surprise and left me wondering...


These things only seem to happen when I'm with Amy. I need to hang out with her more often.

5 comments:

  1. AGHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAH, seriously nearly inhaled/choked to death on a piece of doughnut whilst reading this beaut! Oh my gosh that's awesome. How did you not mention this to me??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened on my very last day in Salt Lake, after I had already seen you. I re-discovered the card in my bookbag and decided to share it with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm so glad you shared it! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like he just wants more adoring fans. Riling up total strangers is a BLAST isn't it? It's genetic in case you didn't figure that one out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very confusing business card based on the situation. i am scratching my head.

    ReplyDelete