Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quote of the Day 15 Jan 09

I keep running into all of these great quotes in random places. In an effort to share them with the world I'm going to post a few of them up here. Here's the first one:

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."

--Goethe

I really need to be do-ing more, and finding new ways to apply the things that I know. I feel that I haven't been blessed with all of the wonderful learning opportunities in my life just so I know a lot of things. I need to find some way to go out and apply what I know to make the world a better place in a way that only I can. There is only one of me, after all. There are probably things that only I can do. And I do feel willing. But am I really doing all I can? Definitely not. There is so much more I can do. I just need the courage to take on the responsability of doing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment