Thursday, December 2, 2010

When life gives you pink lemons...

When life gives you pink lemons, you can consider yourself better than people that have been given boring yellow lemons.

Just Kidding!
 Did you know that there was such a thing as pink lemons? So cool! There was someone giving away a bunch of pink lemons at a garage sale, and I took a handful of them. Since life had given me pink lemons, I decided to make myself some pink lemonade.
Juicing the lemons gave me about 1 1/4 cup of juice. I put this in a 2 quart pitcher, added somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 cups of sugar, and filled it with water and poured myself a cool tangy glass.

By the time it was diluted down, it was a pale pink, and was just as tasty as normal yellow lemonade.

Hooray for the citrus-friendly climate of Arizona! In a few more weeks, the lemons, oranges, and grapefruits growing in my yard will be ripe! Yummers!!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! Trees can't even grow here in Cheyenne heehee:) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete